SILENT AUCTION IN AID OF MACMILLAN CANCER SUPPORT
Lots include: a private dinner for 10 with former England Captain David Gower; Test, ODI & T20 tickets; signed bats & merchandise; 1:1 coaching session with Gloucestershire First-X1 Coach, Richard Dawson
Place your highest bids now* at email@example.com or complete the form below, for your chance to win …
1. A private dinner for 10 in a Good Food Guide recognised London restaurant with former England Captain, David Gower (reserve price: £2,500)
2. 1:1 coaching session with Gloucestershire First-X1 Coach and former England player, Richard Dawson – CLOSED
3. Friday 21 July: 4 tickets to Worcestershire v Lancashire Nat West T20 Blast at New Road – CLOSED
4. Sunday 23 July: 4 tickets to Somerset v Middlesex Nat West T20 Blast at the Cooper Associates County Ground – CLOSED
5. Sunday 6 August: 2 tickets for 3rd day of England v South Africa Test Match at Old Trafford – CLOSED
6. Friday 18 August: 4 tickets for Lancashire v Birmingham Bears T20 Blast at Old Trafford – CLOSED
7. Saturday 2 September: 2 tickets with hospitality in Warwickshire CCC’s Experience Club at Nat West T20 Finals Day at Edgbaston and shirt signed by winning team – CLOSED
8. Thursday 21 September: 2 tickets for England v West Indies One Day International at Trent Bridge – CLOSED
9. Sunday 24 September: 2 tickets for England v West Indies One Day International at Bristol – CLOSED
10. Worcestershire CCC bat signed by the team
11. Yorkshire CCC bat signed by the team, including England Test Captain, Joe Root
12. Lancashire CCC signed shirt
13. … and for Rugby Fans too – a Northampton Saints RFC shirt signed by the team, including Dylan Hartley, Courtney Lawes and George North – CLOSED
* Please state your name, email address, contact telephone number, address, lot number and value of bid.
County Cricket Clubs get behind the Macmillan Way Challenge
County Cricket Clubs up and down the country are joining forces this summer to help raise the £108,000 needed to fund two new Macmillan nurses.
Clubs have come together to donate a selection of exciting, one-off prizes for cricket fans.
The auction is being organised by South West law firm, BPE Solicitors and lifelong cricket fan and player, Rob Bryan, who lost his Mum to cancer. Between 1st – 29th July, Rob and colleague, John Russell, will be walking the 297-mile Macmillan Way, from Boston in Lincolnshire, to Abbotsbury on the Dorset Coast, to help raise funds for Macmillan Cancer Support.
All proceeds from the silent auction will go towards funding the training and employment of two new Macmillan nurses, each for a year. Macmillan nurses help nearly 600,000 people living with cancer and their families receive essential medical, practical and emotional support, but the NHS does not contribute to their cost during a nurse’s first year of employment.
You can help Rob reach his fundraising target by donating now. Rob is asking every reader to donate £2.97 (1 pence per mile), or more if they feel able.
Terms and conditions for silent auction in aid of Macmillan Cancer Support as part of BPE Macmillan Way Challenge, during July 2017
- By bidding on a lot, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Your bid shall be non-revocable and any bid indicates that you intend to buy the lot “as is”. Lots may not be transferred at the silent auction by the winning bidder to any other person and there are no cash alternatives.
- You may make more than one bid per lot and may bid for more than one lot. You acknowledge that any bid will constitute a legal offer to purchase the listed lot at the amount indicated which, on acceptance by BPE Solicitors LLP (‘BPE’), will form a legal agreement to purchase which will be binding on you as the winning bidder.
- For a bid to be valid, you must be over 18. You may be asked to provide identification as proof of age when submitting your bid.
- Some of the lots will be subject to a minimum reserve price which will be displayed clearly on the advertisement of the lot. For a bid to be valid, it must be greater than or equal to the minimum reserve price and be made in pounds sterling.
- Statements and images regarding the condition of the lot are for guidance only and should not be relied on as statements of fact and do not constitute a representation, warranty or assumption of liability byBPE.
- BPE may seek to include in the auction written bids which are received prior to the auction. The written bids must be submitted by the bidder and received by BPE sufficiently in advance of the auction with a clear, written indication of the auction and the lot to which the bid relates. Macmillan does not accept any liability for failure to include a written bid in the auction. In the event that two or more written bids equal the highest bid, these bids will be put into a separate draw and the winner will be drawn by chance.
- Any illegible, incomplete or fraudulent bids will be rejected. Any bidder who bids in a manner, which in BPE’s determination is contrary to these Terms and Conditions or by its nature is unjust to other entrants (including without limitation tampering with the operation of the auction, cheating, hacking, deception or any other unfair playing practices such as intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other bidders or BPE and/or any of its agents or representatives) may be rejected from the auction at BPE’s sole discretion.
- The winning bid for each lot will be the highest bid for that lot which meets any of the applicable conditions. . All bids must be received by 5pm on 31st July save where any earlier date is indicated for a particular lot in the advertisement of the lot concerned.
- BPE will make reasonable efforts to contact the winning bidders before 5pm on 5th August 2017 to arrange payment and delivery (where applicable). If BPE is not able to contact a winning bidder by close of business on 8th August 2017, or the lot is not collected or delivery arranged (where applicable) by 8th August 2017 BPE will have the right to sell the lots to another party on whatever terms it wishes.
- Payment for the lots must be received by 5pm on 3rd August 2017. Unless otherwise agreed, lots will not be delivered and may not be collected (where applicable) until payment has been received.
- Unless specifically stated otherwise, the winner is responsible for all arrangements and costs required to take up the fulfilment of their lot, including, but not limited to, delivery costs, travel and accommodation costs, travel insurance and any other necessary documentation, including passports, immunisations and visas and bearing the costs of such arrangements. If no delivery arrangements, where appropriate are made by close of business on 9th August 2017, BPE may deal with that lot in any way it so chooses (which may include re-auctioning the lot).
- Risk in the lot will pass to the winning bidder at the time of delivery. Ownership of the lot will pass to the winning bidder when BPE has received in full all sums due to BPE for the lot.
- By providing personal information to BPE, bidders agree to it being used for the purpose of administering the auction and being shared with BPE’s agents and lot providers, where appropriate for the purpose of administering the auction. BPE may announce the names of winners in its publications.
- Notwithstanding anything else in these terms and conditions and to the extent permitted under law, BPE will not be directly or indirectly liable to any bidder, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty or in any way, for the lots. BPE gives no guarantees or warranties and any implied warranties or conditions are excluded in respect of the lots, except for fraud, fraudulent misrepresentation and death or personal injury caused by negligence. BPE will not be liable for any circumstances that prevent a lot being taken up by the winning bidder.
- BPE reserves the right to modify, cancel, terminate or suspend the auction in whole or in part, at its sole discretion, if it believes the auction is not capable of being conducted as specified within these Terms and Conditions or in the event of a cause that is beyond the reasonable control of BPE that could corrupt or affect the administration, security, impartiality or normal course of the auction. Neither BPE nor any of its subsidiary or affiliated companies are responsible for any condition, circumstances, losses, failures or delays caused by events beyond its or their control such as (but not limited to) the acts or defaults of the supplier of the prize that may cause the auction to be disrupted or corrupted, or that may lead to loss or damage of prizes in transit to the winner.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales.