Place your bids now to win … a private dinner for 10 with former England Captain David Gower; signed bats & merchandise. Thankyou for your donations, so far we have raised over £20,000 of our £108,000 fundraising target!
The Macmillan Way Challenge
1st July 2017 – 29th July 2017
Help us raise £108,000 to fund two new Macmillan nurses
This summer, BPE Solicitors and friends are taking on the challenge of a lifetime – hiking the 297 miles of the Macmillan Way from Boston in Lincolnshire to Abbotsbury on the Dorset Coast.
We’re aiming to raise enough money to fund two new Macmillan Nurses, each for a year.
Macmillan Nurses help people living with cancer and their families receive essential medical, practical and emotional support. In 2015, Macmillan supported an estimated 5.8 million people in the UK through at least one of their Services – providing emotional, financial and practical help for people affected by a cancer diagnosis, their families and carers. Macmillan Nurses alone reached nearly 600,000 cancer patients.
But we can’t do it on our own! To mark the 297 miles we’ll be walking, we want to inspire as many people as possible to each raise £297 for the campaign.
When is the Challenge taking place?
- The BPE Solicitors team and friends will set off on Saturday 1st July 2017 and finish on Saturday 29th July 2017
- There will be 23 full days of walking, come rain or shine, with 297 miles covered, coast-to-coast, walking on existing footpaths, bridleways and byways, passing through open countryside, small towns and villages
How can I or my company get involved?
- By joining BPE Solicitors and friends on the walk, taking in all or some of the route
- By making a donation or texting to donate (to donate £5 text BPEWALK to 70550 or BPEWALK YES and we’ll stay in touch*)
- By making pledges of support
- By laying on individual fund-raising activities e.g. coffee/cake sales, book stalls
- Offering corporate sponsorship